Here is Chenxin in my room a few weeks ago.

There is a much more active protest scene in Oxford than in Princeton;
these are animal rights activists protesting the building of a new lab.
There is a much more active protest scene in Oxford than in Princeton;
these are animal rights activists protesting the building of a new lab.
Here is a view through my window.
And another, with the window open.
The steeple is from Lincoln's library, which is a beautiful deconsecrated chapel.
The steeple is from Lincoln's library, which is a beautiful deconsecrated chapel.
I live in the Mitre, which is a medieval maze of a building across Turl Street from Lincoln's three main quads. The part of the Mitre I'm in is known as Lower Bedlam. When I asked why, this sign mysteriously appeared near the entrance a few hours later.
Heard a bass voice from behind this door.

A rather difficult to see view of the Lincoln library at night.
Oxford is a lovely city for walking; here is a view across Christ Church Meadows.
And here I am in a quad of Magdalen, the college of Bertie Wooster.
A rather difficult to see view of the Lincoln library at night.
4 comments:
your room is disappointingly modern for all the ancientness of Oxford!!! I expected dark mahogany panelling and heavy crimson curtains. you might want to work on that!
heyyy, looks like you've settled in quite nicely! put up lots of pictures and try to blog every day so i can live vicariously through you.
WOOSTER! and JEEEEEEVES
you're my fav.
but i hate animal rights activists
Enjoyed the photos and comments,
Looks a lot like Wadmalaw Island,
Eat some fish and chips for me.
U. Bubba
Post a Comment